A tram passes St. Andrew's Church in Kolkata (Calcutta), West Bengal, India. It is a handsome Grecian building with a slender spire. The foundation stone was laid on St. Andrew’s Day, 30 November 1915 in the presence of the Countess of Loudon and Moria, and opened for public worship on 8 March 1818. Situated at the Lalbazar corner of Dalhousie square, St. Andrew’s Church (or Scottish Kirk) is the senior Church of Scotland in Bengal and was used by the Scottish Presbyterian Christians during the rule of the East India Company in India.
- © Copyright Sanjay Marathe
- Image Size
- 500x333 / 49.6KB
Andrew church, BBD Bag, BBD Bagh, Christian, Christianity, Dalhousie square, Indian architecture, Indian church, Kolkata Calcutta architecture, Kolkata Calcutta church, Kolkata Calcutta city, Kolkata church, Kolkata city life, St. Andrews church Calcutta, St. Andrews church Kolkata, Taxi, Trams, ancient architecture, architectural, architecture, bengal, british India history, british architecture in india, building, bus, calcutta, calcutta cityscapes, cityscapes, façade, holiness, holy, horizontal, horizontal image, horizontal images, horizontal photo, horizontal photos, india, india architecture, kolkata, kolkata city, kolkata cityscapes, mode of transport, modes of transport, modes of transportation, people, public, public transport, religion, religious, residence, road, roads, streets, tram, west bengal, worship
- Contained in galleries
- Kolkata (Calcutta), West Bengal, India - Architecture, People, Culture, Food, Transport, Tourism*