A yellow Ambassador taxi crosses a tram track near St. Andrew's Church in Kolkata (Calcutta), West Bengal, India. It is a handsome Grecian building with a slender spire. The foundation stone was laid on St. Andrew’s Day, 30 November 1915 in the presence of the Countess of Loudon and Moria, and opened for public worship on 8 March 1818. Situated at the Lalbazar corner of Dalhousie square, St. Andrew’s Church (or Scottish Kirk) is the senior Church of Scotland in Bengal and was used by the Scottish Presbyterian Christians during the rule of the East India Company in India.
- © Copyright Sanjay Marathe
- Image Size
- 333x500 / 62.4KB
4 wheelers, Andrew church, BBD Bag, BBD Bagh, Calcutta taxi cab, Christian, Christianity, Dalhousie square, Indian architecture, Indian church, Indian taxis, Kolkata Calcutta architecture, Kolkata Calcutta church, Kolkata Calcutta city, Kolkata cab, Kolkata cabs, Kolkata church, Kolkata city life, Kolkata transport system, St. Andrews church Calcutta, St. Andrews church Kolkata, Taxi, ancient architecture, architectural, architecture, bengal, british India history, british architecture in india, building, cab, cabs, calcutta, calcutta cab, calcutta cabs, calcutta cityscapes, calcutta taxi, cityscapes, façade, four wheeler, holiness, holy, india, india architecture, kolkata, kolkata city, kolkata cityscapes, mode of transport, modes of transport, modes of transportation, people, public, public transport, religion, religious, residence, road, taxis, transport, transportation, vertical, vertical image, vertical images, vertical photo, vertical photos, west bengal, worship, yellow cab, yellow kolkata cab, yellow taxi, yellow taxi cab, yellow taxis
- Contained in galleries
- Kolkata (Calcutta), West Bengal, India - Architecture, People, Culture, Food, Transport, Tourism*